Thursday, June 16, 2011

Making memories



My front door patio is really plain. In fact, about the only things out there are a welcome sign and a bunch of bikes, scooters and skates. Over the next few weeks one of my new projects is remaking that space into something as interesting as I can for as little money as possible. Which means shopping home.



I started by making this very simple sign (that I found the quote for on Pinterest here)



Materials were:
- A board from the scrap pile
- Brown spray paint
- Clear spray poly
- Craft paint (white wicker)
- Stencil made on the Silhouette machine (I broke the computer cable last week (cry!) but figured out how to use the SD card)

Since I already had all of this it made the project FREE! (love that kind!)



After painting and before poly I sanded it off a little because it looked a little too perfect given the sentiment of the sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.