Wednesday, April 13, 2011

If you can't say something nice...

I wanted a centerpiece for a spring mantle. My kids need a lesson for being nicer to each other. I figured, why not combine them?

I grabbed a piece of MDF that was hanging out in the garage and used some turquoise paint left over from the bookcase I built last year. I traced Thumper in the corner with a pencil and then drew over it with a blue Sharpie marker. Then I explained to my kids who Thumper is because I have apparently never bought that movie and introduced my kids to Bambie (which I will remedy this weekend).



Then I used my Silhouette machine (really love that thing!) and added a few nice words to my board.



Now we have some lovely spring color and I can point to it when the kids' words to each other aren't very nice (which is working already. yay!).

2 comments:

  1. you are so awesome!!!!!!!! i love it... p.s. what's a silhouette machine???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silhouette is here: http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/

    I love this thing. You plug it in to the computer and it will cut designs from stick-on vinyl (what I used here) or cardstock etc. You can use words in whatever font is on your computer or make images or buy images from them. So much versatility.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.